Privacy & Safety
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) - The GDPR law on data protection outlines a number of different reasons a business may collect or process your personal data. These include the following:
- Consent collecting and processing of your personal data for a specific purpose with your consent. For example ticking the Sugar and Co London box to agree to receiving email newsletter.
- Contractual Obligations: Sugar and Co London would only use personal data to meet a contractual obligation. For example when you order an item for someone else we will collect the address details to deliver the item you have purchased and pass them on to the courier for delivery.
- Legal Compliance: This involves the right to pass on data if the law requires us to do so. I.e passing on details to law enforcement due to someone being involved with fraud.
Legitimate interest: This includes us collecting data on how our website is used/most interested products in order to improve our product line and customer service.
When and what do we collect data for?
- When an order is placed or you create an account (name, billing/delivery address, orders payment information and email. This data is only kept for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which t was collected (i.e the purchased order).
- Customer reviews
- Comments on our Sugar and Co Instagram feed
We process personal information to enable us to sell, promote and advertise our products; buy materials from suppliers; maintain our own accounts and records; technically administer our website; and support and manage our employees.
What type of information do we process?
We process information relevant to the above reasons/purposes. This may include personal details and information about goods and services.
You will be asked to accept our cookies policy when you first enter our website. A cookie is a small file that asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie enables your basket of goods and checkout to be managed. It also helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
- Credit / Debit Cards